The Good Registry is committed to protecting your privacy. The Good Registry facilitates donations and we recognise that donating is a very personal process so we take every precaution with the way we capture and use your personal information.
Your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand law) you are able to access any personal information provided via The Good Registry service and held about you, and correct or update your personal information at any time.
The sign up process requires minimal personal information (i.e. name and email address). When you use the Website or sign up as a registered user or communicate with us in any way you provide personal information which may include some or all of your:
- email address;
- other contact information you choose to provide to us, including your phone numbers and physical address; and
- credit card details.
When you use the The Good Registry service or the Website we collect certain information about your use, including some or all of the following:
- IP address;
- operating system, browser type, screen resolution and other system information;
- your browsing activity on our Website and information about how you interacted with our Website and The Good Gregistry service;
- how you interact with emails we send you, for example, which links you clicked.
The Good Registry will not provide to charities any personal information about persons who donate to the charity, but The Good Registry will provide to the nominated charity appropriate personal information about anyone who creates a registry and nominates the charity on their Registry Page.
Registry Pages are publicly available. Anyone who creates a registry will determine the information they provide for their Registry Page in the sign-up process. Anyone who donates to a registry may determine the information that is made publicly available on the Registry Page at the time of their donation.
The Good Registry may use and disclose your personal information:
• to contact you when necessary about your activity on The Good Registry;
• to provide you information about The Good Registry or changes on the Website;
• to collect payment from you;
• to provide to people or entities that create a registry details about who has donated to their Registry Page;
• to enforce or apply our Terms, applicable laws or applicable terms of third parties (for example, banks or payment service providers);
• to comply with our legal obligations and respond to lawful requests from public authorities;
• to independent auditors as required from time to time for The Good Registry’s charitable reporting requirements;
• to protect the property, rights, or safety of The Good Registry, our users, or others.
Our general policy is to contact our users by email, however other means of contact may be used (if other contact information is available).
You are able to contact us at any time using our contact form to verify if your personal information has been provided in any of the above circumstances.
Closing Your Account
To have your account removed from The Good Registry entirely; please contact us at email@example.com.
You are personally responsible for ensuring the security of your user name, email address, password, profile information and donation details. We recommend you do not disclose your user registration details to any third parties. If you choose to share your personal information, including registration details with a third party you are responsible for any actions taken with this information and access.
The Good Registry will send you automatic emails relating to registration and donations.
From time to time, The Good Registry may send newsletters and other communications to you. These communications will contain instructions for how you can 'unsubscribe'.
Please make every effort to protect against unauthorised access to your The Good Registry registration details and to your computer.
The Good Registry uses 'session' cookies. Session cookies are used so we can remember that you have logged in recently without prompting you to do so again. We use authentication systems which require the use of session cookies to keep you logged in.
The Good Registry also uses 'persistent' cookies to individualise our service. We use them as a protection tool for our members and to provide us with data (such as the frequency and duration that members visit the Website). Persistent cookies enable us to track members on The Good Registry and recognise members that abuse the Website.
The Good Registry collates additional information to better understand our Website users, including the site that you've just visited, the site you visit next, your browser and IP address.
Your IP address makes up part of your personal information and as such will only be given to legal institutions and authorities in events as described above. This data is stored securely. We may also collect messages you choose to post, and feedback you leave for other users on The Good Registry.
Any correspondence you send us, such as letters or emails, or correspondence from other members or third parties that relate to your activities on The Good Registry may be collected.
The Good Registry may link to third party sites for the benefit of users. The Good Registry does not control the content, privacy policies of these sites or endorse these organisations except where expressly stated.