The Good Registry
Date of last revision: May 2023
When we refer to “our Website” we mean thegoodregistry.com.
When we refer to services provided by The Good Registry (Services) we mean, among other things:
- Registries and Registry Pages;
- Gift Cards;
- #GiveSimply Donations; and
- Charity Polls,
Collection of Personal Information
We will collect and store any Personal Information that you submit to us in the course of your interaction and/or engagement with us, which may include without limitation, your name, email address, other contact information you choose to provide to us (including your phone number and physical address) and credit card details.
We will collect Personal Information when you contact us, visit our Website, make an enquiry, sign up as a registered user, use or request to use our Services or otherwise provide us with your Personal Information.
We may also collect Personal Information that is provided in correspondence from users of our Services that relates to your activities on The Good Registry.
When you make a payment for our Services
The Good Registry will not collect, store or process your credit card information, except when you make a bulk order for Gift Cards and elect to pay via credit card, in which case you will need to provide us with your credit card information so that we can process your order. In that event we will only store this information for as long as is necessary to process your order.
When you visit our Website
We do not automatically collect Personal Information when you visit our Website.
We may however, collect non-identifying information about your use of our Website, for the purposes of improving our Services in order to increase the positive impact of The Good Registry. This use information is collected by using analytics, cookies, web beacons or other similar tracking technologies and includes:
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses;
- User location by city;
- Operating system, browser type, screen resolution and other system information;
- High-level anonymised data about browsing activity on our Website and the sites you visit before and after visiting our Website; and
- High-level anonymised data about interaction with the emails we send (for example, how many people opened an email, how many people clicked on links within an email).
A cookie is a small text file that our Website may store on your device, which helps us to improve your user experience when you use our Website. Cookies will not collect identifiable information about you but will identify your device. You can modify the security settings in your internet browser to disallow the placement of Cookies on your electronic device, although this may impact your experience of our Website.
How we may use Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information:
- to provide you with our Services and our Website ;
- to facilitate your use of our Services;
- to communicate with you
- to provide you with information about The Good Registry or changes on our Website;
- to respond to your requests, enquiries, feedback, or other customer service-related activities;
- to analyse and improve our Website from time to time;
- to further our relationship with you, including for our own marketing purposes, if you have subscribed to receive marketing communications from us;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and
- for any other purpose authorised by you or permitted by law.
You may choose not to provide any Personal Information to us or not to provide complete information. However, as a result we may not be able to provide our Services and/or our Website to you, communicate with you including providing receipts or donation confirmation, inform you of changes to our Services, or respond to any related queries.
We may use aggregated information to improve and develop our Services, undertake statistical analysis, and meet our legal obligations. This aggregated information is not associated with any individual person and will not be used in a manner that would identify any individual personally.
Information that is publicly available
Registry Pages are publicly available. Anyone who creates a Registry will determine the information they provide for their Registry Page in the sign-up process.
Anyone who donates to a Registry may determine the information that is made publicly available on the Registry Page at the time of their donation.
Storage and security of Personal Information
We take the security of your Personal Information seriously and require our personnel to comply with their legal obligations to protect your Personal Information.
We store information in electronic records, which may include storage on the cloud. We take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your Personal Information, to protect Personal Information against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse.
Any organisations that provide us with support services are required to appropriately safeguard the privacy of any Personal Information provided to them. Without limiting the foregoing, we or our service providers may store your Personal Information using third party cloud-based services and storage subject to appropriate safeguards.
The Good Registry may provide links to third party websites for the benefit of users. The Good Registry does not control the content or privacy policies of these sites, nor do we endorse these organisations except where expressly stated.
Disclosing Personal Information
We will not sell, lend, or trade Personal Information to any third party.
We will not disclose Personal Information to any third party, except for the purposes for which it was collected, and for directly related purposes, including:
- providing our Services to you;
- communicating with you;
- where you create a Registry Page and nominate a charity on that page, we may, with your consent, provide your personal information to that charity;
- independent audits as required from time to time for The Good Registry’s reporting requirements;
- ensuring compliance with legal obligations (which will be done on an anonymised basis where possible);
- for internal purposes relating to maintaining and improving our Services;
- engaging any third-party services or service providers required in connection with our Services;
- when you have authorised us to do so;
- when we reasonably believe we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- if we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights or obligations we may have;
- if we sell/transfer our business to a third party;
- where it is necessary to do so to resolve a complaint you make about us; and
- if, in an emergency situation, it is necessary or desirable to share your Personal Information with a civil defence or government organisation, or another emergency service.
If at any time we need to send Personal Information outside of New Zealand to an overseas agency that may use the information for its own purposes, we will:
- take steps to ensure that we believe on reasonable grounds that the overseas agency receiving the Personal Information is subject to privacy protections that, overall, provide comparable safeguards to those provided under New Zealand privacy laws; or
- enter into a binding contractual agreement with the overseas agency receiving the Personal Information confirming that it will protect the Personal Information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those provided under New Zealand privacy laws; or
- obtain the express authorisation of the individual concerned to disclose their Personal Information overseas after expressly informing them that the overseas agency may not be required to protect the information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those provided under New Zealand privacy law.
Accuracy, accessing and correcting Personal Information
You may request access to the Personal Information we hold about you. You may also request an update to, or the correction of, any Personal Information we hold about you.
We will comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act in responding to your request. Where we decide not to make a requested correction to your Personal Information, you may ask us to attach a statement of your requested correction to the information.
In accordance with the Privacy Act, we have the right to, and may, charge a reasonable fee for processing or responding to any request to access or correct Personal Information.
Retention of Personal Information
We will only retain Personal Information for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it may be lawfully used. Where the Personal Information we collect is no longer required, we will securely destroy or delete the information or permanently de-identify it.
If you would like to delete your user account with The Good Registry, please contact us using the details in the Contact Us section below. When a user account is deleted, all personal information provided in relation to the account will be deleted
Mandatory reporting of Notifiable Privacy Breaches
If your Personal Information is involved in a privacy breach which we reasonably believe has caused or is likely to cause serious harm to you (a Notifiable Privacy Breach), we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act, which may involve informing you and recommending what steps you should take in response, and reporting the Notifiable Privacy Breach to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
If you have any questions, concerns, or a complaint regarding privacy or information handling, please contact us at:
Address: 216a Willis Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011
Phone: +64 21 448 428
Email: [email protected]
We will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response.
If you are not satisfied with how we have handled your complaint, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner on 0800 803 909 or www.privacy.org.nz.