New Zealanders are generous. By headcount and dollars given, we're the second most generous country in the world (behind the US).
In a 2022 survey FINZ New Zealand and Perpetual Guardian found that even despite Covid (or maybe because of it) people are giving more.
A survey we did at The Good Registry recently also found people want to use their gift-spend to help others.
- 57% of our 220 respondents said they had given charity donation gifts.
- 47% said they prefer to receive gifts that benefit others.
There are lots of social enterprises and charities that you can use to have a positive impact with your gift dollars, like:
- Downlights, which sells candles made by young adults with Down syndrome and intellectual or learning disabilities
- 27Seconds wine - all of their profits help people affected by modern slavery
- Good Bitches Baking - they sell cook books and tasty things that fund their kindness mahi
- Nisa sells ethical underwear and garments made by former refugees living in New Zealand
- and of course The Good Registry - where every gift is a chance to make a positive difference in the world. With one Good Gift Card from The Good Registry, recipients can donate to any of our 65 charity partners - they’re a gift that is simple, sustainable and kind.