We love good news about giving!
We're always keen to collaborate to help spread the word and inspire more people to give simply, sustainably and kindly. If you'd like to talk or collaborate with us, please get in touch.
Here are some good stories we've appeared in, or been inspired by about good giving:
- The Wellington Hustle Interview Project spoke with our Chief of Good Christine about creating good change in the world - and the joy of gifting the power to do good. (March 2020)
- A Kiwi Original - the podcast / video series created by Buy New Zealand Made - interviewed our co-founder and Chief of Good Christine about how The Good Registry came to be, the mission we're on, where and how we're getting traction, and some nice anecdotes about our givers and the joy of giving. (February 2020)
- Springload blogged about why they are championing a Green Christmas instead of a White one, and how we can rethink Christmas giving (December 2019)
- Tinsel shared a great blog about giving gifts with meaning at Christmas ... and their #1 gift of choice: Our Good Gift Cards. (December 2019)
- The Project featured The Good Registry and one our Good givers The Co-operative Bank in an awesome piece about giving kindness instead of stuff at Christmas. (December 2019)
- Our co-founder and Chief of Good Christine Langdon spoke with the Smile and Pod podcast about the importance of living on purpose, her experience of leaving 'dream jobs' to follow her heart, and how that led to The Good Registry, and all the Good we are doing. (October 2019)
- The Uncomfortable is OK podcast spoke with our Chief of Good Christine Langdon about how we're breaking through discomfort to bring more good and less waste to gift giving, and a bit of her own story (August 2019)
- The Denizen Magazine featured us in their Heroes Issue, alongside other 'Everyday Heroes' who are 'making our lives better, easier and brighter'. (May 2019)
- The Flick Electric Co Blog spoke with us about how The Good Registry is helping to make Christmas more simple, sustainable and kind. (December 2018)
- Cas Carter wrote in her column for Stuff about why she detests Christmas (We don't detest Christmas but we do agree with a lot of her points!). And she gave The Good Registry a shout out as part of the solution. (December 2018)
- The Spinoff wrote about how to give ethically at Christmas-time, with lots of good gift ideas, including giving through The Good Registry. (December 2018)
- Our co-founder Christine Langdon spoke with Jesse Mulligan on Radio NZ about #GivingTuesday, how and why we get more joy from giving than getting, and the simple ways we can give (November 2018)
- The Find Your Truth Podcast talked with our co-founder Christine Langdon on what it means to find your truth and how co-founding The Good Registry has been a big part of her journey to find hers. (November 2018)
- Infinite Possibilities interviewed our co-founder Christine Langdon about the career journey that led to The Good Registry (September 2018)
- GiddyUp - which exists to connect good businesses with good causes, shared a profile on The Good Registry and the Good we're doing (August 2018)
- HerStory featured our co-founder and Chief of Good Christine Langdon, and how The Good Registry came to be, on their podcast. (August 2018)
- The Impact Initiative website shared a profile on The Good Registry and the impact that we're having, alongside profiles of other NZ social enterprises (August 2018)
- New Zealand's Weddings website had a chat with us about how couples can use their weddings to create some good karma :-) (May 2018)
- The Good Stuff blog is all about ... good stuff! So we were stoked to feature in the blog, sharing our vision and some of our highs and lows so far. (April 2018)
- The podcast TWICE (Talks with Innovators, Creatives and Enterprisers) chatted with our co-founder and Chief of Good Christine Langdon about how (and why) we are working to change people's giving habits, the challenges we've faced and some stuff we've learned so far. (March 2018)
- Daily Encourager Media (the place for inspiring and encouraging stories for a better NZ) wrote about The Good Registry's mission and the difference we hope to make (and are already making!). (March 2018)
- The New Zealand Herald wrote about the first child to pay forward her birthday through The Good Registry. Telise, 8, raised $309 for the SPCA! (December 2018)
- Radio New Zealand interviewed us for their Nine to Noon programme with Kathryn Ryan (November 2017)
- Stuff published a thoughtful column about the good that we can do through social enterprises like The Good Registry (October 2017)
- Stuff and the Sunday Star Times published a story about The Good Registry and one of our first givers, Louise Aitikin (October 2017)
- The Ruminator wrote a blog about the challenges of choosing gifts and how The Good Registry can help (October 2017)
- Celebrities Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis were in a the press when they asked friends and family not to give gifts to their kids (October 2017)
- Our initial website build was done for us by Touchtech. If you're interested in tech, you can read what they wrote about the project.
- Our fun and joyful branding was designed by Designfetti. We love it and think it sums up the joy of giving that we exist to create! If you're interested in how great brands are created, read how Designfetti created ours.