All Charities Community Support Kindness From Home
Wellington Women's Refuge
Wellington Women’s Refuge is a charity providing support to survivors of domestic violence, walking alongside and empowering them to make safe decisions for their future.
We provide a safe-house & also support women and their children in the community.
We operate a community office and a 24-hour crisis telephone line.
Less than half of our annual operating costs come via government funding and we need to raise the rest elsewhere.
The difference your donations can make:
- $10 covers a child's session on our 10 session programme for children who have experienced domestic violence
- $20 provides a night for a woman in our safe-house
- $50 covers grocery support for a family struggling financially at a time of crisis
- $70 covers a counselling session with our specialist domestic violence counsellor
- $100 covers 5 nights in our safe-house